June Teen Virtual Events
High school and middle school students, join us this summer for Teen Virtual Book Club, challenges and other fun events relating to the books we read. Each month of the summer, we will pick a book and offer a variety of activities and resources for you to enjoy.
June’s book is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Teen Virtual Book Club
Thursday, June 11, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Join us virtually for Teen book club! We will take the time to check in, hang out, and discuss Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. Copies of the book will be available at the Library through curbside pick up..We also have digital copies available through our Overdrive and Libby App.
Survival Fort Photo Challenge
Build a wilderness survival fort — outside or inside, depending on where you live, and share it with us! You can email your photo to us at email@example.com, and we will share it on our Facebook page. Please submit entries by June 18th.
Knot Tying Program
Thursday, June 18, 3:30-4:30
Knot tying is an essential skill for surviving in the wilderness. Grab some rope and join Branch Librarian Steve as he teaches a variety of ways to tie knots.
Thursday, June 25, 3:30-4:30
Are you a Hatchet expert? Test your knowledge with trivia! We will be using the Kahoot platform, which you can access via https://kahoot.com/ or by downloading the app to smartphone or tablet.
Did you love Hatchet? Check out these titles:
1) Pocket Guide to the Outdoors by Jean Craighead George
2) Making Shelter in the Wild by Dave Mack
3) I Survived Series by Lauren Tarshis — Complete list of titles
4) My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
5) The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
6) The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7) Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
8) Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
9) The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss
10) The Call of the Wild by Jack London
Animals in the Wild: